Ntataise Championship 2023 – 1 to 30 November
Do you need assistance? Have a question? Click here: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
In 2023, Ntataise celebrated PLAY like never before! In partnership with the Caregiver Learning Through Play (CLTP) programme, we invited everyone from the ECD sector and parents of young children to dive into the world of play and seize the chance to win incredible prizes!
The Championship ended at midnight on November 30th.
2023 Championship Winners
Winner: Sibe Halen – Education Africa
- Dineo Mafere – Education Africa
- Pretty Seipati – Education Africa
- Sanelisiwe Ndlovu – Education Africa
- Nomali Mabaso – Education Africa
- Charles Makhubu – Education Africa
- Thabiso Tsotetsi – Education Africa
- Keletso Gomezulu – Education Africa
- Masesi Maria Xaba – Education Africa
- Kopano Monn – Education Africa
Winner: Presilda Monnakgotla – Education Africa
- Butikie Buthelezi – Education Africa
- Banyana Magudulela – Education Africa
- Carla Prinsloo – Ntataise Freestate/ North West
- Sibongile Mthetho – Education Africa
- Lindiwe Hlatshwayo – Masakhane Trust
- Mercy Madela – HOPE Worldwide South Africa (Mohau Care Giving Center)
- Beaugary Maredza – Education Africa
- Daisy Poane – Royal Bafokeng Institute
- Cathrine Sweetie – Education Africa
Winner: Matebello Sabalele – Education Africa
- Thandi Mashinini – Education Africa
- Nonhlanhla Khumalo – Education Africa
- Acquilla Ncwana – Education Africa
- Ivy Molaudzi – Education Africa
- Lillian Nnodim – Ntsoanatsatsi Educare
Nthabiseng Nkwe -Education Africa
- Linah Manto Hutama – Thusanang Trust
- Somaganthi Naidoo – New Beginnings
- Suzan Tlodiphjane Phoshoko – Thusanang Trust
Winner: Education Africa
2nd Ntataise Freestate/ North West
3rd Thusanang Trust
4th Masakhane Trust
6th Greater Soweto Association for Early Childhood Development
7th Safe and Sound Learning Association
8th Royal Bafokeng Institute
9th HOPE Worldwide South Africa
Read more about the prizes for each category here:
Caregiver Learning Through Play (CLTP) programme
The 2023 Ntataise ECD Championship activities are presented by the CLTP (Caregiver Learning Through Play) programme. The programme helps adults learn about the importance of play in children’s early years and how to help them grow, develop, and learn through play.
The programme has been running for the past three years. It has been implemented successfully by a consortium of partners, including Ntataise and the Ntataise Network, Hope Worldwide South Africa and ELRU.
This year, the programme is extending its reach to include families and caregivers directly through the ECD Championship.
Meet our Top 10 winners from 2022
The Top 10 winners from the 2022 Championship will assist you in this year’s championship. Ensure that you heed their guidance. They will provide essential information to help you successfully complete the challenges.
- Presilda Monnakgotla
- Banyana Magudulela
- Ntombikayise Gama
- Asandiswa Molefe
- Oiteretse Madi
- Malebogang Moopeloa
- Carla Prinsloo
- Lindiwe Hlatshwayo
- Beaugary Maredza
- Mpho Moleko
Championship 2023 Prizes
Each week on a Wednesday, we will give data prizes to individuals who earned the most points during the previous seven days (Wednesday morning to Tuesday evening).
You could win fantastic shopping vouchers if you work in the ECD sector. With the most points, the top winner will receive R1,000 in shopping vouchers, and the runner-ups (position 2 through 10) won’t be left out, each winning shopping voucher worth R500.
Caregivers and Parents
If you’re a parent or caregiver of young children, you could win:
- Fantastic book packs for memorable story times.
- Futurelife breakfast packs.
All you need to do is take part in the Ntataise ECD Championship, complete the challenges, and earn as many points as possible. The caregiver or parent with the most points will win food packs, book packs, and a R1,000 shopping voucher!
In our special Caregiver Recruiters category, you can win fantastic prizes by encouraging and motivating caregivers or parents to join the championship. The top 10 Caregiver Recruiters will win:
- Engaging book packs for young children.
- Futurelife breakfast packs.
The overall Caregiver Recruiter will win an additional R1,000 shopping voucher!
How to Win as a Caregiver Recruiter:
- Play in the championship and earn as many points as you can.
- Help caregivers or parents register on the Ntataise APP.
- Motivate them to participate in the championship and offer assistance where needed.
- Encourage them to complete the challenges in the championship.
Make sure you read and understand how the Caregiver Recruiter points will be calculated.
Top 10 organisations have a chance to shine while they spread joy in their communities. Each of these organisations will receive a LEGO Box and a LEGO capacity-building session to gift to their chosen ECD program (ECD Centre/Playgroup/Home program – terms and conditions apply).
How to Become a Top 10 Organization:
The organisation’s points will be calculated based on everyone in your team or organisation who played.
- Points will include the average score of all your championship players.
- You will receive 30 points for every person who starts playing in the championship, regardless of their role.
- You will receive 50 points for every person who completes the championship.
If your organisation motivated 200 people to participate, with 180 completing all challenges, and the average score of all players was 1,500 points, your score would be:
- 30 x 200 (for everyone who participated)
- 50 x 180 (for everyone who completed it)
- 1,500 (the average score of all your players)
- Your total score would be 16,500 points (6,000 + 9,000 + 1,500).
Exciting prizes await, so let’s jump into the championship and make a difference!
Ntataise Lucky Draw
Let’s take a trip down memory lane to those childhood moments! Remember that sheer excitement when you received a beautifully wrapped gift?
Congratulations to Maria Nkosi from Siyathuthuka Nursery School Project, winner of the Ntataise Trust Championship Lucky-draw.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What do you need assistance with?
Need help to register?
I can’t log in. There is a problem with my password.
Need to know more about Caregiver Recruiters?
Need help with the APP and playing the ECD Championship?
I want to be a Caregiver Recruiter. What do I need to know?
If you’re already in the CLTP program or want to help expand the ECD Championship 2023, you can win awesome prizes. Here’s what you need to do:
- Play in the championship and try to earn as many points as possible.
- Help caregivers or parents register on the APP and encourage them to play and complete the championship.
You’ll earn points based on your performance in the championship and the number of caregivers or parents you convince to participate and complete the championship.
- When you register on the APP, make sure to choose the correct organization or team that introduced you to the APP or included you in the CLTP program.
- When you assist caregivers or parents in playing, they should also select the SAME organization.
- Caregivers or parents must enter your unique code when they play in the championship. Without your code, they won’t count towards your final score.
- You can find your code here. If you do not have a code, please contact your training organisation or contact our support WhatsApp number: 067 040 8497.
- Please note: only the points you earn by playing in the championship are available on the APP Leaderboard. The caregiver or parent recruitment points will be counted after the championship ends.
What is a Caregiver Recruiter Code?
The Caregiver Recruiter code allows us to identify the caregiver or parents you encouraged and assist to register on the Ntataise APP and play in the ECD Championship. The code consists of two letters and three numbers, for example, NT004.
All Caregiver Recruiter codes can be viewed here: Caregiver Recruiter Codes.
If you are not on the list and would like to encourage caregivers and parents of young children to play in the championship, please contact your training organisation or our support WhatsApp nr. 067 040 8497.
Caregiver Recruiter Points Calculation
- 10 points for every caregiver or parent you recruited who registered on the Ntataise APP and started playing the ECD Championship.
- 30 points for every caregiver or parent who completed the championship.
- The points you earned by participating in the championship.
If you played in the championship and earned 1,500 points and recruited 8 parents to participate, with 5 of them completing it, your score would be:
- 8 x 10 = 80 points (for registered caregivers or parents who started playing)
- 5 x 30 = 150 points (for caregivers or parents who completed it)
- 1,500 points you earned while playing in the championship
- Your total score would be 1,730 points.
Please note: only the points you earn by playing in the championship are available on the APP Leaderboard. The caregiver or parent recruitment points will be counted after the championship ends.
How do we identify the caregivers you recruited?
As a Caregiver Recruiter, you’ll receive a unique code from your training organisation that caregivers or parents must enter when they start the championship. Without this code, we won’t be able to add them to your list of caregivers. If you don’t have a code, please contact your training organisation or our support WhatsApp number at 067 040 8497.
Playing the 2023 ECD Championship
Taking photographs to upload in the championship
The APP provides 2 options to get the image you want to upload.
This function will open your camera and allow you to take the picture immediately and upload it. This function ONLY works if you give your browser permission to use your camera. If this function doesn’t work and you do not want to change the permissions, use the “Pick File” option.
This function will open your photo gallery and allow you to choose a picture you took with your camera earlier. To use this function, take the picture with your phone’s camera first.
How do I access the leaderboard?
Tap the trophy icon at the bottom of the screen to get to the leaderboard.
How do I access FAQ information during the Championship?
Tap the circle with the “i” at the bottom of the screen to get to support information during the Championship.
Need more support?
If you need more help, contact our WhatsApp support line at (+27) 67 040 8497 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The championship runs from November 1st to November 30th.
- The top 10 winners in all categories will have their entries double-checked to make sure they followed the rules correctly.
- Once the winners are decided, it’s final – no changes. Entries of the top 10 players will be reviewed to make sure photographs uploaded represent what was asked.
- Winners will be announced on December 5th.
- All prizes will be given out after January 15th, 2024.
- You can only enter the championship once.
- If you’re a parent or caregiver participating, you can’t work in the ECD sector. When you sign up, make sure you pick the right role.
- Caregiver Recruiter points will be calculated based on the following:
- 10 points for each caregiver or parent who registers and starts playing in the championship.
- 30 points for each caregiver or parent who finishes the championship.
- Points you earn by playing in the championship yourself.
- The points you earn by playing in the championship will be on the APP Leaderboard. Caregiver Recruitment points will be counted after the championship ends.
- Caregiver recruiters are people linked to a Caregiver Code used by parents or caregivers when they played in the championship.
- You can only win in one category.
- The top organisation’s points are calculated based on:
- The total score of all players who selected the organisation from the organisation/team list.
- 30 points for each person who starts playing in the championship, no matter their role.
- 50 points for each person who finishes the championship.
Need registration assistance?
You must register on the Ntataise APP to participate in the ECD Championship.
Watch the video to the right. Click here to download the video to watch offline.
Or download this image with registration instructions. The image can easily be shared with other over WhatsAPP.
To download on a computer:
- Click on the image
- Left-click on the image that opens and choose “Save Image”.
To download the image on a mobile device:
- Tap on the image
- Tap and hold on the image that opens and choose “Download”.
Need login assistance?
There are a couple of reasons why you might struggle to log in:
- I forgot my username, or I do not have access to the email address/telephone number I used to register.
You need to create a new account. If you do not have access to the original email address or telephone number, you will not be able to use the “Forgot password” function, so it will be better to create a new account.
- I forgot my password.
Tap the “Forgot password?” link below the password box on the login screen. The next screen will prompt you to enter the email address / mobile number you used to register. You will receive an email / SMS with instructions.
If you registered with an email address, you will receive an email with a link. When you tap on the link, the Reset Password screen is where you need to create a new password.
If you registered with a mobile number, you would receive an SMS with a Verification Code. You need to enter the password on the Reset Password screen and create a new password.
- I remember my login details, but the login details don’t work.
The first question you need to ask yourself is if you verified the login details. The verification process involves either an email with a link you need to tap or an SMS with a Verification Code you need to enter. If you did not complete this process, your login details would not be valid.
If you completed the verification process and can not log in, try to use the “Forgot Password?” function to make sure you create a password that you remember.
- I did not receive a verification email or SMS.
If you did not receive a verification email or SMS, you might have made a mistake entering your details. We are all just human, and while typing on phones, we sometimes make mistakes; this is not too serious. To ensure you used the correct spelling or number, try to register again.
If you receive a message that says the user is already registered, please contact the support number for assistance (067 040 8497).